Monday, October 20, 2008

a shower and a project

No pictures this post, but I promise to add some later today or tomorrow. Things lately have been moving right along... Jess and I were a little shocked the other day to realize that we have plans every weekend from now until December! Well, one weekend is open, but I think we may use it to paint our entire upstairs. Of course. I'm looking for a creamy white color if anyone has any recommendations... paint colors seriously stress me out. How are you supposed to tell from one tiny square how it will look like throughout the whole room? Yes, I know you can buy samples, but let's face it... I am cheap. And into doing as little work as possible. So far I am only truly happy with one color in my house... Cameo Brooch from Martha Stewart at Lowe's. Love it! You may be able to see a bit below next to the infamous steak-filled freezer.

The shower: A week ago my sweet Mom and sisters threw me a baby shower. My absolute favorite gift: A knit aqua blanket from my Mom's good friend, Miss Patty. Miss Patty wasn't able to make it to the shower because she was attending the Ohio Sauerkraut Festival. : ) I just love her! She also sent the blanket in the funniest gift bag ever: A large, pregnant lady wallowing in a martini glass. And I don't think that whoever made the bag realized exactly what they were doing. I am keeping that bag forever! Definitely need to post a picture of that little gem.

The project: When we moved into our house a year ago, the bedroom floors were all covered with nasty, nasty carpet. Words cannot descibe the nastiness. They were not pretty, they felt damp and sticky, and they smelled like a litter box. Underneath we were lucky to find hardwood floors, but they were in terrible shape... paint stains, water marks, scratches, etc. For a year we lived with the "distressed" look, but Jesse decided to tackle them last weekend. It was quite the 4 day-project, but they got it all done! Because of the fumes, out we moved with the dog and kitten... but it was worth it. The floors look great! Jesse really did an amazing job and I'm excited to go home tomorrow and put everything back where it belongs. And by excited I mean "33 weeks pregnant and freaking out because I am just now able to set up the nursery."

Shower pictures and floor pictures to come... also The Cutest Niece Ever and The Baby Bump.

2 comments:

deyoungsters said...

Pictures, pictures!

ecarter said...

Update, please? Thank you.