Monday, October 26, 2009

long time

I didn't set out this month to take a bloggy hiatus, but October is almost over and I only have one post to my name! Truth be told, our internet cut out shortly after my last post. At first I thought I would go crazy... seriously, I never realized how much I depend on the internet!... but several weeks later, I'm finding it kind of nice. Peaceful. I think the Lord has really been showing me this month how busy and distracted I can be because of technology. I'm praying that when we have internet again, I'll be more disciplined with how much time I spend on the computer... after all, I've made it almost a whole month with no Google, no Facebook and no blogs! Well, none of those things at home, anyways. :)

October has been a wonderful month. It's always been one of my faves. :) We've been less busy, we've gotten out and about more, I went on a weekend trip to a wedding a few weeks ago and came back feeling rested and refreshed. Top it all off, the weather has been amazing and my Mom told me today that we are supposed to be having the most colorful fall of the decade? I love it, even if that's not true!

On the job front, right now I am investigating an exciting career in the medical field. :) I worked in a doctor's office a few years ago (shortly after Jess and I got married) and I hated it. Now that I'm a few years older (and wiser) though, I really do seem to be enjoying it! I've been really amazed at how God has provided for us during this time of transition between jobs. I have to admit, I've really struggled this month with worrying about a job/career path/our finances. Last night Jesse preached a sermon to our youth group about worry. Well actually, it was about dating :), but one of the texts he preached out of was Philippians 4:6-9:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The verse really convicted me, and I felt the words all the more because I actually have this verse written on our chalkboard at home. Talk about missing what's right in front of you! I'm grateful that God is patient with me! :)

Some pictures from this lovely month:









2 comments:

katy said...

I'm glad you are back! The pictures from Emily's wedding are amazing, and you know I love the picture of Kendra with her pumpkin. :)

Karin said...

I love your pictures from Emily's wedding. It is so hard to believe you were all in middle and high school just a few short years ago!