Sunday, October 4, 2009

weekend retreat


This past weekend I left Clare with her Grandma and joined Jesse's youth group on their yearly retreat to Natural Bridge State Park.


The weather couldn't have been more perfect... it was so perfectly and deliciously fall! I must admit I chickened out and slept in the back of our wagon at night... with a warm down sleeping bag, it was heaven.


I'm not as outdoorsy as my dear husband, but I love camping! We don't often get to do much now that sweet C is in our lives, so I soaked up every moment in front of that campfire!




It was also really good to get away for a few days as Jesse and I have been going through a little bit of a hard time lately... on Thursday I was let go from my job. I debated about whether or not to blog about it, but hey... I started this blog to about share what's going on in our lives, and right now what's going on is... I lost my job. It was only a part-time job, but I had been with the company for a little while and I really liked a lot of the people that I worked with. Not going to lie, it kind of stinks. But I had lots of time to think and pray over the weekend, and I am already seeing how God is at work in this (kind of stinky) situation. He will provide for us, He always has. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future will hold and what new opportunities will arise... and until then, we are waiting and trusting. So... that's whats goin' on over here. :)

Love to all my friends and family who read my blog! Hopefully I will have more to share with you in the future on the job front. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying for you and knowing that God's plan is always unclear but always for the best!

I think you need absolutely no help from me in decorating. You have one stylish home!

Besides, don't you remember how ugly and messy my half of the dorm room was???? Or THE TREE we BUILT in the middle of our room?!

Arlene said...

So sorry to hear about being let go Kara. It can be tough, though you've got great support from family and friends. Hang in there, things always work out!

I'm praying for you.