Here is our master bedroom! It is officially the master because it has the most windows. :)
I just love windows... especially windows with white curtains.
(All of our white curtains, by the way, are from Ikea. I love them because they are cheap and they are long! They come longer than the standard 84" panels that you find most places.)
(And Katy, I moved the globe! Hopefully it will be somewhat safer in its new home!)
My mother-in-law transformed a very dated (and that's putting it nicely) bedroom suite for us when we got married. It used to be ugly orange wood with weird scroll carvings.
She covered the scrolls with thin sheets of wood, painted it black, and added new hardware. Voila! I love it.
I also have a confession... I used to be very judgmental about the fact that most couples seem to ignore the decor in their bedrooms. Time for me to get off my high horse... our bedroom is so plain Jane!
We don't have anything above our bed. I would love a vintage wooden letter "d," but I don't even know where to find one... that I can afford at least! :)
The picture above our dresser is a very sad attempt at art on my part... I framed a vintage hanky. One day I'm going to change it out with a cute picture of the small fry.
(That is my official nickname for Clare... small fry. I'm not sure where it came from, but it sure does seem to fit her!)
One day I would like to add some quilted pillows and cute vintage accessories. I've been trying to upload pictures for inspiration, but my computer is being weird. Another post?
Only one more room to go!
3 comments:
Sorry to tell you, but your room IS decorated! And it is lovely!
{It's not plain, Jane. It's a very VERY popular style called simple elegance. You've got it goin for you, girl!}
1. Your bedroom is very nice! Classic chic. Yes. That's what I think. Also, I know where you came up with "Small Fry." It's from McMama. You know? Baby Stellan? Right? Okay. That is all.
Your bedrooom looks lovely! I love the floors & furniture and I think it's gorgeous!
Not to be spamming you, but I do custom art and letters is one of the things I do. I distress them to look old, but they are really affordable. I have an example I can email you if you'd like to see one. You can contact me at theshabbychiccottage (at) rocketmail (dot) com.
Thanks,
Gina
Post a Comment