Saturday, November 28, 2009

a turkey day tragedy


This year was my very first attempt at making our traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
I have made the chocolate sauce in years past, but never before have I attempted the ring.
Maybe next year... with 2 extra packets of gelatin for good measure??

The recipe comes from my Great-Grandma... it might seem a little odd at a modern holiday table, but to us it is so good.
It is called Great-Grandma Lillian's Chocolate Bavarian Nut Ring.

(I think I made Chocolate Bavarian Nut Slop. Sorry, Great-Grandma Lillian.)

** Some of you asked about Clare's birthday banner... I made it using this tutorial. I also found a good new-sew option here if you don't have a machine! For the letters, I stenciled them on using freezer paper... here is a good tutorial on stenciling. Hope that helps! **

3 comments:

katy said...

Haha, so funny! I am sure that it still tasted amazing. :) We missed you all! We will have to get together next week. We come home tomorrow.

Karin said...

By the way, it was only your grandmother's recipe. Sorry, grandma Ruth! Wrong side of the family. But great grandma Lillian's shoestring potatoe's were amazing! mom

deyoungsters said...

Oops :) One of those Grandmas!