Today I've been thinking about my Grandma. I don't know why, really... she passed away 5 years ago. She was a feisty spitfire of a lady... I have so many fun memories of her.
My Grandma Ruth gave me her dark features. Here she is at age one:
It just so happens that that little rocking horse is still in the family. He has a name, actually- Hi Ho Silver.
I thought it would be fun to get a picture of Clare with ol' Silver, too.
I like seeing the two of them side by side. I think Grandma Ruth would have loved little Clare. :)
Speaking of my Grandma Ruth, she was also a very stylish lady. I love looking at pictures of her.... she was always dressed to the hilt!
Grandma Ruth is in the middle. Don't you just love how everyone dressed back then?
Wish we still had that dress. I'd trade Silver for it any day!
She was beautiful! The little boy in all the pictures, by the way, is my uncle.
This house is still standing in Louisville... if I could, I'd buy it for myself. :)
Grandma, me, and Katy
(Miss you, Grandma.)








2 comments:
Aww, sweet post about Grandma! Isn't it funny how style comes back around! I love pretty much all of the outfits in those pictures! :) Cute pic of Clare on Silver
How special that you have all those pictures to look at and keep. And the rocking horse, what a great family keepsake!
Post a Comment