Things around here have been crazy! I'm sure most of you know by now the major events of my weekend... on Thursday Jesse and I went to Cincinnati to watch a tennis tournament. I have to confess that I don't really know much about sports in general tennis... I only like to watch sports on TV when the stakes are really high, like the Olympics or March Madness! Jesse loves me anyway, though. :)
We were watching the last match of the day when we got a text from my mom, "Tom (my little brother) in the ER. Hit by a car while biking. OK but getting x-rays of his arm."
!!!
While we were texting back and forth over the next few hours about Tom's condition, we received another text, "Katy (my sister) is in labor. Going to the hospital."
!!!
Thankfully at this point we were on our way home from Cincy! We drove straight to the hospital to see Tom. He was doing great considering his accident, but when we arrived they were still pulling glass from the car's windshield out of his arm! Being pregnant and emotional, I started crying, of course. I thank the Lord for his safety every time I remember the accident, what a blessing that he wasn't hurt much worse. Tom, be careful up at college, no new injuries this year please! :)
It wasn't long before we got a text that Katy was officially in labor. I ran home to grab my camera and joined her in Labor and Delivery as soon as I could! It was such an exciting night and I'm so grateful that I was invited to share in it as she and Mike awaited little Bailey. Her birth was amazing, when they held her up after she was born I think everyone in the room just gasped. She is adorable and I'm so excited that Clare has another sweet cousin to grow up with. Of course Clare doesn't realize just yet what a blessing Bailey is but I foresee many tea parties and sleepovers in their future. Kendra, Clare, and Bailey... I can't wait to see the fun we have. :)
I hope Katy won't mind that I am sharing these photos you... after all, they are not mine to share! But I was too excited to wait too long to post about my beautiful new niece! :)



1 comment:
I love those pictures! You did such a great job with them, can't wait to see her newborn pics, I am so excited! Let me know if we need to reschedule for better light.artlygd
Post a Comment