When Jesse and I were in college I hated Michigan. Jesse went to school in Lansing (12 hours away from my alma mater) and any time I visited him it was COLD. Really, really cold! One of the first trips I made up in the winter I actually packed flip-flops! They had 6 inches of snow on the ground... I learned quickly to pack for the arctic up there. :)
Now, though, I love Michigan! A few trips up in the summer was all it took. It's beautiful and the weather is perfect. I always tell Jesse that if we can ever move anywhere we want, my first choices are here and here but next is Michigan!
Anyway, all that to say that earlier this week we took a short trip up to visit Jesse's family in Kalamazoo. It was so fun to see his family and enjoy being somewhere prettier and cooler than the sweltering, 100+ degree Ohio River valley! Jesse's cousin has two little girls so Clare was in heaven with lots of friends and toys to play with. Wish we lived closer!
One of the days we were visiting we took a little trip to Lake Michigan. I've always wanted to go to the beach up north and was so excited to visit St. Joe's after reading all of Meg's vacation posts! It was not an easy feat to pack up two toddlers, an infant, four adults, then drive an hour, get swimsuits/sunscreen/beach gear ready, trek to the beach, swim, pack it all back up, trek back to the car, clean up, get lunch, and drive home... Jesse's family deserves an award for attempting it with us! It was definitely a lot of work but we had a blast.
We had so much fun talking, eating, and playing with the Worralls and Bowers!! Thank you all so much!










1 comment:
aww Im SOO jealouss.. I love Michigan summers. I was just talking with Paul today about how we haven't gone to a Michigan beach yet this summer and that we need to take a trip up.
Post a Comment