Wednesday, September 17, 2008

28 weeks



Please excuse this very squinty, grumpy-looking picture of me taken last weekend. Jesse and I were on our way out the door and I just barely remembered to ask for a picture of the baby bump. He insisted that the shot be "completely in the sun" (He has a lot of experience with this sort of thing, you see... this is a man who took pictures of his mustache growth every week in May) and so this lovely image was captured on film forever.

Speaking of the little baby, I have a few "before" pictures of the nursery to share. Warning- the "after" probably won't come until November, when J has refinished the floors and I have spent every last penny of my birthday money at the Westchester Ikea. But do you want to see the beginning? Yes?


The Baby's Room Before. An Appearance by Scout


More of the Baby's Room with the Bomma Quilt

We've already painted and I don't know why but I decided to sew a slipcover for the rocking chair from some unbleached cotton. What, have I ever sewn a slipcover before? Why, no! I think the hardest sewing project I have ever done was a pair of boxer shorts for Jesse's Grandpa... and that ended in tears and a last minute rescue from my mother-in-law. Yikes. I will keep you updated with my progress- hopefully I will have the will to finish!

2 comments:

katy said...

Cute tiny baby bump! :)

Rochelle said...

aww look at you guys, you have a blog! we have one too =) paulandrochelle.blogspot.com

you look very very very cute pregnant! i hope you feel very very very cute as well. :)