Sunday, September 21, 2008

just call us lucy and ethel


J and I sometimes get ourselves into hilarious situations. We don't mean to... they just sort of happen! Take for example this weekend... I was out in our yard innocently watering some flowers when a man in a truck pulled out of our neighbor's driveway. Now, I don't know those particular neighbors very well, and their pit bull mix really has it out for me, so I thought that I would give a friendly wave for good measure. Next thing I know the truck is pulling into our driveway, the man is in our house, and Jesse and I have bought a year's worth of steaks. I don't know! ... we just got a grill, there was this big sale, he kept saying the word "filet"... Did I mention that the guy sold them to us out of a huge freezer in the back of his truck? No?

Well, once the man pulled away and we were left with our "investment" we realized... our freezer is tiny! Like... really tiny. My beloved ice cream and lean cuisines were forced out to make room for the t-bones. (In all fairness, Jesse got rid of most of his coffee collection for the cause, too.) No more frozen pizza for us... no ice from Sonic... maybe there is room for some Dibs in there, though?



Ta-da! Anyone for a cookout?



Last night we couldn't sleep we were laughing so hard about our purchase. What on earth possessed us?? One thing is for sure... we are all set on the red meat! It reminds me of that episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy buys two sides of beef to go in her new walk-in freezer. Luckily, Jesse was in on this purchase, so I won't have to hide the goods in our furnace!

Anyway, if you're ever in the mood for steak, you know who to call.

1 comment:

katy said...

I just saw that episode the other day! Hilare!

Two words for you: deep freezer.

At this rate it would be a good investment.

Fortunately for you all, your family loves some red meat!