So things have probably reached a new low around here if I am blogging about cleaning. My closet, specifically...
but I do know that in these economic times we don't all have the extra money to be sprucing up our wardrobes, and I wanted to share how I did it for free.
For the past few weeks I have been feeling like I have absolutely nothing to wear... which is so silly, I am blessed with more clothes than I need. My inspiration for a wardrobe spruce-up came from one of my mother-in-law's friends... she is extremely stylish. I stopped by her house last weekend and was struck by how well she cares for her clothes. She irons almost all of them and folds and stores them carefully... quite a contrast to this:
(Yes, I still wear that maternity t-shirt you see. I'm cool like that.)
Me? The last time I ironed anything was probably a year ago. Seriously...
So I hauled out all of my clothes from storage. I took a good look at all of them and found two bags worth of things to give away... a bag of summer clothes and a bag of winter clothes.
I'm going to see if some friends want them and the items they don't I am going to CONSIGN.
Money for some new wardrobe updates, I hope! : )
I also busted out the iron and ironed almost every shirt I own. Even the t-shirts. I was shocked at how much softer and newer they felt! And maybe it's in my mind but they fit better, too.
Now it feels like my wardrobe is like new and I have so many different things to wear...
mostly because about 75% of my closet was sitting there, unused (because it wasn't ironed, didn't fit right, or needed to go.)
I apologize for a boring post... but this was my project over the past few days! And I really loved how it turned out, so I thought I would share!
So yeah, things are pretty exciting around here.
2 comments:
Oh goodness... if anyone needs to be on top of laundry and ironing it is me...
Your closet looks AMAZING... and I think we should reinstate the whole swap a few shirts for a week rule now that neither one of us is pregnant (at least for the time being). :)
Thanks for coming over this morning, I really am so lucky to have you for a sister!
Um.....can you let Lissy come over and shop in your Things to Give Away if it's not too late? This worrying about being stylist is just plain nonsense. NONSENSE, I say. Give Clare a kiss from Aunt Lissy!
Post a Comment