Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 things

I'd been tagged to do this on facebook, but I would rather put it on the blog. I don't know 25 people... so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged! 

rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

ok, here we go:

1. I believe God is who He says He is, that He can do what He says he can do, that I am who God says I am, that I can do all things through Him who gives me strength, and that His word is alive and active in me. I'm believing God. : ) Don't know if the d-group girlies read this, but they will understand.

2. I have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful husband. 

3. My daughter Clare is beyond anything I could have asked for or imagined. I love her so much.  

4. I like to decorate, even though I'm not very good at it. Sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about what my next house project will be.... 

5. I'm a shameless dork... sometimes I am better at hiding it than others, but sooner or later it comes out. Probably sooner rather than later. 

6. I know I come across as extremely quiet and shy to most... but once I warm up to someone, you can't shut me up. Ask my poor husband.

7. I have a bad temper... most people are surprised by this.

8. I like to use exclamation points and smiley faces and elipses a lot a lot in my writing... sometimes I try and cut back on them, but I just can't! : ) 

9. I love to travel... pretty much anywhere! I love to explore. Jesse and I were going to try to go to Italy this year but then Clare entered our lives. Maybe in a year or two... or ten! 

10. I hate hate hate watching sports on TV. HATE IT. Pretty much all of them. Unless it's the Olympics. 

11. I'm pretty weird about keeping things organized... 

12. I can't do a cartwheel.... so ashamed. 

13. I love animals. I wanted to be a vet growing up.... sometimes I still want to be one. : ) 

15. Sometimes I am ashamed that I have more compassion for animals than for people.

16. Jesse and I want to adopt one day.

17. I love weird and exotic food. Actually, I just love food.  

18. I love baking bread in my Toastmaster. 

19. I'm getting pretty random...

20. I love to be outside in the sun... gardening, walking, hiking, reading, whatever! 

21. If I could be any animal I would be a duck.

22. One day I want to have my own business. No idea what it will be, but you know... details.  

23. Perfect morning: Reading in bed with a hot drink. Perfect evening: Reading in bed with a hot drink.  

24. I wish I read more... I wish I read better books. (I just read... Twilight. Can we still be friends?) Feel free to suggest some! 

25. New Year's resolution: Let the little stuff go and focus on what's most important. Most important: Relationship with the Lord, being a good wife, mother, sister, and daughter to my family, and investing in friendships. Little stuff: My house, my to-do list and... er, my appearance somewhat.

Whew! That was a little stream-of-consciousness. Hope you weren't scared by the little peek into my crazy brain...

How many of you noticed that I skipped 14? It was a test.... or: 14. I can't count. 

4 comments:

katy said...

You just want to quack, that's all.

Paul Yerrick said...

i learned a lot about you in this!

i am surprised to hear you have a temper. and i'm extremely proud that you have read twilight (i love it love it love it, so we can be friends :) )

--rochelle

Andrea said...

haha. How's Miss Kitty that we found at IIAK?

Andrew Bailey, M.D. said...

You take after your dad. He's a quack.