These lovely ladies right here:
First, my mother. Today she very sweetly accompanied me to Clare's 2 month check-up for moral support... a few shots (the vaccination kind) and several tears later (it was me, not Clare, doing the crying) we got the stats:
Weight- 9 lbs, 8 oz. Hooray, Clare! Good growin, girl.
Length- Almost 21 inches!
Head size- I forget. Something normal. : )
Clare has a very "dramatic" umbilical hernia. It scares me to death... looks like it is just going to pop right out! Here's hoping that it resolves itself soon... they can last up to 2 years.
Thank you, Madre, for coming with me. It was nice to have a shoulder to cry on! I will try to toughen up before the 4 month appointment.
Second: my sister, Katy. Besides being my best friend, advice-giver, clothes-sharer, Clare-watcher, and everything in between... today she let me come over to her house and take a shower and do my hair while she watched the wee ones. Well, technically we were supposed to work out, but have you been outside? It's freezing. And we were tired. And I decided I to just eat healthy this week instead of working out... which Katy then ruined by practically FORCING me to eat oreos. Thank you, sister. : )
Third, this technological marvel:

The CHI*. I have learned that I cannot live without it... my old one broke a few weeks after Clare was born and I've been rocking the ponytails pretty much every day since then! It took a long, long six weeks to be repaired and I did a little dance when my wonderful straightener finally arrived in the mail today.... welcome back, dear friend. I missed you.
*Of course I love the first two favorite things much more than the third! But I do love my CHI quite a lot.
4 comments:
Aww, you are too sweet! Thanks for watching The Lizzie Maguire Movie with me. It was necessary.
i must say i'm jealous of your tremendous blog updatingness. i wish i was that on top of things!
Aww. How sweet! Your sister sure is a keeper! ;-) And your mom, but I don't know her! ;-)
I loved going with you and Clare. I love hearing all those stats. Here's to fun days ahead. mom
Post a Comment