Er, Kayak?
We've had a bit of rain this past week, so yesterday Jesse planned a little day trip for us. The water levels were high and moving fast. We made a 3 hour trip in half the time...
I only feared for my life once!
(We came around a small bend and a tree had fallen across the creek... there was only about a 3 foot wide, 2 foot tall spot the water was rushing under. So under we went in our kayaks, limbo-style... I was so worried I was going to konk my head!)
I made Jesse give me a life jacket after that! But I didn't need it.. that was the only scary moment.
Check out that nice brown water... you can tell we've had a lot of rain!
It was actually kind of cloudy and chilly out... but I liked it. It was so peaceful and still.
We saw a family of ducks learning to swim, a great blue heron, and the cutest racoon ever swam in front of us. We also saw a family of badgers.
I immediately yelled, "a-DEEB-adeebadeeb-adeebadeeb!"
Quick, name that movie!
I had such a good time. I like to paddle.
We kept trying to race through the rapids and inevitably one of us would "spin out" of the current.
Thanks for a fun day, Jess. :)
1 comment:
It looks like a ton of fun! Take us with you! I want to kayak or canoe now that I'm not 11 weeks pregnant and in danger of blowing up at everyone. :)
Post a Comment