The other day I almost spent $30 on 6 hair bows for Clare.
Her hair isn't even long enough for hair bows yet!
(And it's killing me, I might add.)
Luckily I woke up and thought... Surely they cannot be that hard to make?
And wouldn't you know it, they are so easy!
I really wanted to get fancy and post a tutorial, but holding a hot glue gun, clip, and ribbon in one hand while trying to take a picture with the other hand was a little more tricky than I anticipated.
So I will direct you here... it walks you through the whole process!
I used:
Hot glue gun, 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon, metal hair clips (from Sally Beauty Supply, $2 and change for 10 clips), scissors, and a lighter. The tutorial suggests using adhesive-backed ribbon or binding tape... I used a hot glue gun because I already had some regular ribbon. I think adhesive-backed ribbon would be amazingly easy! And cute!
I made:
A little bow-crazy, I know! Clare can't even wear them yet, but a Mom has got to be prepared!
I also have to share 2 websites that I have been loving lately...

Be sure and check out her Etsy shop! I want to buy every single little thing she makes... I am already plotting how to convince Jesse that Clare needs some Mia Joie shoes.

I just love this blog... everything she posts is so pretty and fun.
Anyone else have any "make your own" ideas or fun websites to share?
Let me know! :)
3 comments:
those bows are SOO cute!
Yeah, I can't wait for my daughter Chloe to have enough hair for clips, too. By the way, I love the name Clare. It was on the contenders.
Kara, i'm catching up on your blog ... it's been a while ... ran across this post and thought you might like to check out everydaybeautiful.typepad.com ... the girl has an etsy shop (her stuff is so cute) but on the left side of her blog there are tutorials for tons of baby stuff. She's always putting up new things too, and she has holiday tutorials as well. Anyways, just wanted to pass that one along. -- Kat
Post a Comment