Wednesday, June 3, 2009

just an update

Lately I have been feeling about blogging the same way I feel about running... you know that feeling? You want to, and you have every intention to start that very day, but it's been so long and it's going to be kind of hard to get going again and isn't it just easier to get a little extra housework done? Or reorganize my sock drawer? Or sit on the couch and watch So You Think You Can Dance? 
Anyone? 
Clarabelle is loving her some solids! We have moved from rice to oatmeal to peas. Today was the first day I tried peas... it was a resounding failure. If the taste itself wasn't working against me, I have been trying to make my own baby food and can I just tell you how stinking hard it is to puree peas?? I blended them for what felt like forever and the texture was still chunky. Someone suggested straining them through a sieve, but I'm pretty sure I have no idea what that is. 
The peas may be a failure, but the spoon is not! 
I'm pretty sure the highlight of her meal is that silly spoon. 
Meet my new favorite things. P90X continues! 
You thought I was kidding when I said that we cry....
Well let me admit that both times we have attempted the "legs and back" routine, I have broken down into tears! 
So embarrassing. 
I told Jesse, "I just don't think I was made to work out this hard!" 
Never in my illustrious athletic career (haha) have I ever worried about things like protein and "bonking" and... crying after a set of "sneaky lunges." 
Luckily we are almost 21 days through.
 Results so far: I can do a pull-up!

 

4 comments:

Clare said...

I never tried peas because every review I read said they are hard to get "shells" out. I wondered what seive was too but I realized it is what I call a strainer-maybe that will help ya. I did carrots as the first veggie, they are pretty easy to make you just have to add quite a bit of liquid to make them smooth.
I used www.wholesomebabyfood.com as my babyfood bible, I still go back to it to see what age, what to combine with, best way to prepare, etc. Don't know if you've heard of it but it is an awesome reference! Good luck, let me know if you have any questions about making stuff.
Oh, and glad your back, to blogging that is.

katy said...

Clare is so cute eating her rice cereal and chewing on her spoon! We can't wait to see you all next week. :)

Stephanie said...

I missed you in blogworld! It's been tough for me to find the time to blog lately, but I know howmuch I love to catch these little memories for us to look back on. I will be ( and already am) glad I blog... It's the little "dear diary" I never stuck to in grade school!

Can't believe you're still with p90x. Ummmm... Wow. Really. Wow.

Bobbi said...

One of Katy's "internet friends" here and yes I stalk your blog :)

add a lot of water to the peas it will help get them to a smoother consistency. And yes a sieve is just a glorified strainer. Also cooking them for a looong time will get them good and mushy too.