This week we are with our youth group for a week of camp.
(Well, kind of camp, it's more like a multi-church conference on a college campus.)
Clare and I have been staying in the dorms and it has been an experience to say the least... don't get me wrong, it has not been that bad. :) Just kind of funny... I am learning to be flexible!
We have an amazing youth group, can I just brag for a minute?
I love our kids. They constantly surprise me with their honesty and vulnerability. They really desire to serve the Lord with their whole hearts.
They are also awesome at helping me with Clare. I feel like she has been our youth group mascot or something this past week... so cute. They really love her. Even the boys. :)
It has been kind of stinky, though, because I haven't been able to participate much because of the baby. And God is really moving here in the hearts and lives of our group. But I am just rejoicing that I get to be here and witness what God is doing, even if it is just a tiny part of it.
God is really amazing, isn't He??
He is really, really good.
Really good.
If you want to read more about our week, we have a blog for our trip. We made it so parents and people back home can follow along a little bit.
This week this song has just been on my heart:
Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed
As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears
You'll come
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears
You'll come
let your glory fall
As you respond to us
Spirit reign
As you respond to us
Spirit reign
flood our hearts
With holy fire again
With holy fire again
(You'll Come by Hillsong United. I really love it. You can listen to it here.)
Want to see some camp pictures?
Clare has been much photographed around here...
Jesse will like this one...
Her little bed in our dorm
Cracking me up... she fell asleep in my arms at dinner. Poor tuckered-out baby!
We did a scavenger hunt and one of the challenges was to get a picture of Clare smiling.
It wasn't a hard challenge.
Napping during kickball... didn't last, she woke up about a minute after this picture was taken!
Jesse takes his kickball very seriously.
My dgroup! Minus Jen. We missed her!
The end.
3 comments:
Wow! It looks like a fun but crazy week! clare is so cute, she looked like Jesse in the picture with the kickball and like you in the picture with her bow! :) I love her!
and I thought you had fun with ME in our dorm room for 5 weeks! Clare is a much MUCH cuter roomie! We're in cheesecake factory about to go up to the signature room in the hancock tower that u and Katie told me about ~ I Can't wait! I appreciate u gals letting me in on the secret! Keep havin fun girlie.
Hmmm...one of those pics looks familiar! I had a great week with you two!
Post a Comment