Here she is!
Ahem, yes, that middle bulb is burnt out! Whoopsie.
I wish I had "before" pictures of this room...when we moved into our house, the bathroom walls were 3 different colors... peach, blue, and yellow. I absolutely hated it, so Jesse and I slapped some leftover paint from our bedroom up as a temporary fix.
(I didn't take any close-up pictures, but you can totally tell by looking at the walls that we were running out of paint at the end. It is the worst paint job ever!)
I was going to go back over it with a rich chocolate brown, but then changed my mind. So now our temporary fix has been sitting around for almost two years! Yikes. All of our bathroom accessories are beige, too, so it looks kind of like one big brown blah to me.
Here is what I would like to do eventually:
I would really love to eventually replace the ugly linoleum with some new white/cream tiles. Then I am going to paint the walls gray.
(I actually really want to paint the walls white/cream like Meg's, but I don't think I could pull it off.)

Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray

Martha Stewart Soapstone Gray

Add a mirror like this to replace the random one above the sink. (This one is from Lowe's.)

Paint the silver mirror white so it looks like this.
(From This Young House.)
Buy a pretty shower curtain, like this one from Anthropologie...

Or just a plain white one, like this.

Bring in some color with a fun print or two like this from Etsy:

I really liked putting together all of these little ideas! This will be a good reference if/when we ever get around to making our bathroom over.
Hope you are enjoying our little house tour. Next up: Master bedroom!
1 comment:
I love it! It's so classy... love the prints and the standing sink =)
Post a Comment