Thursday, July 2, 2009

tour de house

Oh my goodness... I have a great husband!
He had a meeting tonight at church, and I was looking at a long night at home alone with Clare...
Not that I don't love spending time with her, but sometimes it is hard when you don't get much help or a break, anybody feel me?
Well, instead Jesse packed up the little darlin and took her with him.
And right now as we speak this is my view:
happy dance!

Ok, so blogging!
I really love how Stephanie has been taking us on a house tour over the past several weeks.
Stephanie and I go way back... we were roomies at a 5-week long "nerd camp" in between our junior and senior years of high school. She is of course anything but a nerd, but as the dorky one in our friendship, I'm so glad that blogging has allowed us to keep in touch now that we are all grown up!
Anyway, I really love her sense of style and I thought it was so fun to get that little peek into her life. I also just loved that she wasn't afraid to show us her house as it is...
You see, she and her husband just moved a few months ago and she is still in the process of decorating. I just love that! I have no doubt that her home will be decorated to the T in no time, but I appreciated her showing us her lovely home just as it is. It inspired me.

So... welcome to our home!
I hope to be posting about every. single. room. over the next week or so... it might be kinda scary (basement) or depressing (dining room), but let's start out on a high note.

My favorite room in our whole housie: The nursery
I'm kind of cheating because I've posted pictures of it before, but they are new pictures of the exact same thing, so that counts, right?

Ooo, dust bunnies. Please excuse them. That rug is marvelously soft but it does love to shed!
Above is her changing station.

Our little rocking corner, pictured above.

Eeek, more dust bunnies. How embarrassing! I think I mentioned before I was making a crib skirt... haven't found the perfect fabric yet. I'm about to bite the bullet and buy an ivory one just to get something under there!

Let's get a close-up of that fabulous mobile! Jesse's cousin made it for us, yes made.
I love it, and so does Clare.

Keeping it real, the closet.
I hate how the back of her door is still yucky wood. One of these days... me and my paint brush will attack! Until then I am ignoring it.

Even though it is my favorite room, I want to change it up a bit.
You probably know that we wanted to be surprised about Clare's gender, so this is still the gender-neutral nursery.
(Blue, odd choice I know!)
I want to make it a little more feminine. I have a few ideas... I originally wanted to bring in some plum accents, but now I am leaning towards pink... mainly because of this room.

So there it is... if you like, you can check out the befores.
Hope you enjoyed our first stop! Next up: the Bathroom
Yikes.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're so sweet! You made this very very sick girl's day =)

I LOVE your nursery! It is gorgeous and has such a calming, precious quality. You did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see the rest of your house!

(P.S. You must have the patience of Job! Whenever there is a bun in this oven, I have to find out the gender ASAP. But no matter the outsome, I want my nursery the same blue as yours. SERIOUSLY, I love it!)

katy said...

You already know that I love Clarey's room, it's prec!

Megan said...

Kara, I absolutely LOVE the pink accents link! You should go for it!

Arlene said...

Kara I love the color of Clare's room! What paint color did you use by chance?