When things go wrong, "oh NO" is my go-to phrase. Jesse used to jump and come running when he would hear me yell "oh NO"... now I think he just ignores it!
The other day I set Clare on her play mat and stepped into the bathroom to brush my teeth.
When I walked back in I froze in my tracks and yelled....
oh NO!
oh NO
oh NO
oh no oh no oh no
"Why do you keep on saying that word? I do not think it means what you think it means."
Quick, name that movie!
This book was Jesse's Father's day present. It's a really sweet little book about how the pastor teaches us about God at church and Daddy teaches us about God at home. And now it is... chewed. I guess it serves me right for leaving a paperback book around little Miss Chew Monster!
When I sat her down on her play mat, she had 3 or 4 toys right in front of her. This little book was behind her (I thought!) and out of reach!
Despite all the oh nos, of course I did manage to snap a few pictures before I took the book away. I figured the damage had been done... both to the book and to Clare's little tummy... she got a few bites of paper! Pretty sure that's not organic. But she didn't seem any worse for the wear.
I didn't know the destructive phase started so early!
1 comment:
The princess bride - my gave!
I think wittle Clare just wanted to add her own touch to the Daddy's day present. How sweet. Now daddy can always remember her little bite marks =)
Post a Comment