Monday, July 27, 2009

the lanai

It took me until Thursday to learn that the screened-in porch area is called a lanai. (Is that even the right spelling?) Anyway, I loved the lanai at our house in Naples! It was the best feature, if you ask me. Enjoying the water outside without flies or bees or MOSQUITOS was heaven! The girls liked it, too...




Next up: Family photo shoot on the beach!

And don't worry, I am going to get right back to the house tour after that. I know you are waiting with baited breath for pictures of our kitchen! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How did you know I was waiting with baited breath? And how lucky and fancy shmancy of your family to bring along their own professional photographer to take pictures on vacation??

I say it all the time, but you girls have the most adorable daughters. Your new header melts my heart... beautiful!

I got the table at a thrift shop. I've been looking for a coffee table for half a year now and have only been looking for new... what was I thinking? I wrote about it last weekend while you were off galavanting in Florida and the rest of us poor bums stayed at home ;)

You can see it's "before" pics here:

http://robertslove.blogspot.com/2009/07/better-late-than-never.html

How's that for a quick answer? Can you tell I'm avoiding studying for ANY reason at all?

Rochelle said...

Lanai is correct :)

Your pictures are making me miss Florida...and Lanai's.