Sunday, January 31, 2010

our snow day

So I didn't quite make it to blogging every day this month, but I'm pretty happy with my posting stats! It was a little much... I felt like my boring life was exposed :) ... but it was fun and I really enjoyed practicing with my new lens. I've heard the best way to become a good photographer is to 1) read your camera's manual and 2) practice!

So these pictures aren't particularly impressive... I got out my old kit lens and was playing around with it... but they do document our weekend nicely!

We woke up Saturday to snow....


...and everyone knows that snow days call for forts!


(Yes, those are Jesse's feet poking out from under the fort. He's a big kid at heart... I think he enjoyed the fort as much as Clare!)

They also call for lots of down time (electronics apparently not optional)...



... and tomato artichoke soup!




Of course, I couldn't have done it without my little helper... although I had to explain to her that sifting is usually not required for soup. :)


3 comments:

Brenda said...

she cracks me up with the cell phone checking her messages!

katy said...

Umm, love that Jesse was under the fort. :) Seriously cute! And I love that Clare is wearing my favorite sweater of all time! :)

Karin said...

Soup looks great. Did you put cream in it? Is there any left?