Monday, March 9, 2009

favorites


This weekend Scout inexplicably started limping, yesterday I got sick, today Clare woke up coughing and has some worrying symptoms... Vet. Pediatrician. Trying not to toss my cookies. Gah. 
Keep calm and carry on... 

__________________________________________________

This post is for Lissy, my dear friend. You see, we are fellow blog-stalkers... we find blogs we like and then lurk away. I hope they don't mind, though... we are faithful readers. I promised to share with her the blogs I love and figured I might as well just come out with my stalking ways. 
I'm mixing it up with a few of my non-internet related favorites just for funsies!  


LaCroix Sparkling Water:
I know sparkling water isn't most people's cup of tea, but I love it! 
All it is is water and a little bit of fruit juice... 0 calories! I know you could just have a diet coke or something... but I have a thing against aspartame/artificial sweeteners. 
And this way you are staying hydrated to boot! 

Blogs: 

Crafty mom of three blogging about their day-to-day adventures! Her children are adorable and her craft projects make me want to get sewing! 

Mother, hilarious, crafty... she loves color. Her house is amazing. 
So is her blog! 

Fabrics, patterns, projects. I've been working on a making some PJs for Clare from one of her books and I think they are going to be really cute! 

Websites:

Home. Design. Children. 

Such a great resource! 

I love this new store at the mall! I don't have enough pennies saved up to be buying new clothes right now, but maybe one day. Their clothes just seem clean, simple, casual. My kind of place! 


What are your favorite things?  

6 comments:

katy said...

Hang in there, Kara! I hope everyone starts feeling better very soon!

Andrea said...

Haha, I have a framed print of that "keep calm" poster in my office - it's a helpful reminder.

katy said...

Oh, and to answer your question.

Coffee, particularly lattes. :)

And I LOVE Fly Through My Window as well. I check it everyday.

Arlene said...

Hey Kara, just dropping by to say hello! I love Amy Butler fabrics! They are so neat to make purses, bags, pillows etc. with.

Here are some eye candy for you. Since you like fabrics check out www.purlsoho.com. One site I am loving right now is www.thisyounghouse.com

Baby Clare is getting bigger everytime I see pics of her! She is one adorable little girl you have there!

Andrea said...

I will bury my confession in your blog comments - it was the Vampire Academy series. Haven't heard of True Blood but it sounds interesting. I'll have to let my friend's husband know (he is also into the teen vampire books lol)

katy said...

1) You can try pigtails on her, but I'll warn you she is one wiggly bean! She will have to be bribed with a non-toy or snacks. :)
2) Those plaques are so cute! You do not have to get her one... but are more than welcome to if you so desire! :)
3) Call me! I left you a message this afternoon.

PS - I bought some cute clothes at Old Navy today that were on sale in 2T and I was thinking of both Kendra and Clare! They will look so cute in them! :)

PPS - We need a cousin photo shoot outside when it warms up!

PPPS - The end.