Wednesday, March 11, 2009

proud

Clare's Pajamas!
This is just the top, sorry for the wrinkles and such. This was my first experience with binding so they look a little wonky in places. Overall, though, I think they are going to be some pretty cute sleepwear! There was a small snafu with the pants... they are still in progress. Once I am finished I will have Clare model them! 
(Even though I tried the top on her and it is BIG. Oh well.) 

Also....
Score!
I think these chairs are really cute and I have (yet another) plan to re-cover them. 
They were F-R-E-E from one of Jesse's sweet relatives, Barb. She passed away last fall, shortly after she gave them to us. They have been hiding out in the back of my mother-in-law's garage since then, just waiting to be made beautiful! 

Anybody got any advice on what to recover them with? I am open to suggestions!  I want them to fulfill their pretty chair destinies! 


4 comments:

Clare said...

You should be proud, that jammie top is super cute!
I hope Clare's doctors visit went well.
Thanks for the traditions suggestions, I have been thinking of doing some sort of family day. One that would coincide with an unplugged day-no TV, computer, phones, etc. That will be hard!

Arlene said...

So you should be proud that jammie top looks adorable! I'm sure little Clare will enjoy sleeping in them.

I luv luve those chairs! How lucky! There is a fabric store in Shelbyville called Making Ends Meet that people rave about. That could be a place to check out?!?!

Andrea said...

Look at you, with the mad skills! I am impressed with the binding.

katy said...

THose are so cute! I was sad when I went to Amy Butler's site because they only have patterns for them up to 12 months, and Kendra will outgrow 12 months soon.

I think we need to have a "teach Katy to sew" day, part 2. And this time we'll use your sewing machine and not Mom's!